Terms & Conditions
1. Hire rates quoted include the following
- Unlimited mileage included
- Fully comprehensive insurance*
- 24 Hour nationwide/EU breakdown cover
*Insurance additional charges: Hirer’s may incur additional charges, higher excess or refusal if the driver to be insured has a traffic and/or driving conviction, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed on to the hirer’s.
UK Hire does not include Northern Ireland, Jersey or Guernsey. Hirer’s will be required to purchase European hire when booking online if the hirer’s wishes to travel to these places. Hirer’s will be liable for recovery and transport of themselves and the hire vehicle in the event of a break down and any additional fees incurred if the hirer’s fail to inform Suffolk Campers of their intent to travel outside England, Wales and Scotland.
Standard excess, all rates include a standard excess of £500. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £500 – £1000 dependent on age, subject to insurers discretion. A higher excess may be imposed by our insurer if the hirer has incurred convictions as a result of a road traffic offence. On some occasions it may be necessary for our insurer to refuse cover based on your past or current driving convictions, hirers must check with Suffolk Campers if they have incurred convictions for driving offences before booking. The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windscreen or tyre damage.
3. Security Deposit
There is a refundable £500 Security Deposit for drivers 25-75 years, £750 for 23-24 years and £1000 for 21-22 and 76-79 years, payable by cleared cheque, online via your booking confirmation email, credit or debit card, Paypal or via bank transfer. This is fully refundable on return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out to you, the interior & exterior clean including all cooking appliances and the vehicle full of fuel.
4. UK Hire & European Hire
UK Hire; means England, Scotland, and Wales only. Travel outside England, Scotland and Wales without consent from Suffolk Campers will result in hirers driving without insurance which will result in penalties of up to £1000 not including additional cost of recovery and any other losses incurred.
European Hire; is limited to the following countries; Austria, Albania, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belarus, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, France, Finland, United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (Inc Jersey and Guernsey), Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Israel, Ireland, Iceland, Luxemburg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Moldova, F.Y.R.O.Macedonia, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Suffolk Campers reserve the right to refuse hire or charge additional fees to countries deemed high risk. Hirers must make Suffolk Campers aware of countries they intend to travel when booking. Travel outside of the prearranged countries during the hire period will result in hirers driving without insurance which will result in penalties of up to £1000 not including additional cost of recovery of the vehicle to the UK and other losses incurred.
5. Optional Extras
These are available upon request, at the time of hire for free optional extras or in advance for paid optional extras. All hired or lent optional extras are the responsibility of the hirer at the time of hire stated on the rental agreement, hirers are responsible for any loss and damage.
6. Additional driver
One additional driver at no extra cost, clean driving license only.
- Age limits: 21 to 79 years.
- Driver/s must have held a valid full licence for 2 or more years.
- Details of additional driver required.
- Production of a valid driver’s licence required from all drivers at the start of hire.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire. Maximum of 2 drivers per hire.
- Drivers must provide the following documents for identification purposes: Passport (this is required if a photo driver’s licence is not provided) / credit card. A utility bill or bank statement is also required as proof of address.
- We will also require a licence check code on day of collection available via this link https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.
Payment Details: Availability is on request and on confirmation basis at the time of reservation either online or otherwise. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Suffolk Campers and a non-refundable deposit has been received. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to collection. If payment of the balance is not received by the due date and we have been unable to contact you either by email or telephone seven days after payment was due we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-advertise your dates. You will remain liable for the cancellation fee until you have informed us of cancellation. Payment will be by Credit or Debit Card in GBP Sterling only. For late or short notice bookings (less than 6 weeks before departure) the full hire cost will be required. Vehicles will not be released without full payment taken by Suffolk Campers. Cheques will not be acceptable for late or short notice bookings (less than 6 weeks prior to collection). Multiple party bookings of more than one camper must seek permission from Suffolk Campers before booking online or otherwise. Processing fees for credit and debit card payments made online or over the telephone for deposits, balance and gift voucher payments are free. A charge of 1.7% plus 0.60 pence will be applied for credit and debit cards processed online or over the telephone or for refunds for cancellations. Payment in person will be charged at 1.8% plus 0.60 pence.
To cancel a booking please contact us in writing to the address on our contact page, bookings are not cancelled until you have received written confirmation. Refunds will be processed back to the original card you used to book. The following charges apply:
(6 Weeks or more): Booking Deposit.
(6 weeks to 2 weeks): 50% of balance.
(2 weeks or less, or no show): 100% of total hire charge.
9. Collection & Return
Collection: Hirer to collect and return to Suffolk Campers to pickup point (Newbourne, Suffolk) Unless Meet and Greet option has been payed for.Please allow 1 hour for the “Hand Over” at the collection point – to complete the documentation and for a full demonstration about the vehicle. Please allow the same time upon your return.
Return: The vehicle must be returned on the date, and before the time stated, on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned clean and in the same condition as they left the collection point, otherwise a cleaning charge and attended early return fee will be levied.
Late return: If you will be late returning, Suffolk Campers must be informed immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £50 / hour will be payable for all late returns.
If due to circumstances, beyond our control, a campervan is not available we reserve the right to offer a suitable alternative. If an alternative is not available our liability is limited to a maximum of the total hire charge only.
10. Rental Period Restrictions
- Smoking is strictly prohibited under UK law within the confines of the campervan and awning whether moving or stationary, smoking within the campervan during hire to any European country is also strictly forbidden, hirers who fail to adhere to these rules will be liable to a fine of up to £500 and will be charged on return a fee of no less than £300 not including any damage to arise from smoke or fire damage to the campervan or accessories as detailed under the Definition Of Terms.
- Portable Gas & Coal Fires are strictly prohibited in the campervan and awning, as safe distance must be assured if using items of this type. Hirers will be liable for any damage to the campervan and accessories.
- Strictly no candles or naked flames are to be used in or near the campervan or awning.
11. Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be purchased from our website in 20 GBP denominations or any denomination over 20 GBP via telephone. Gift Vouchers are non refundable and have a cash value of £0.01 pence. Gift Vouchers are non transferable. All Gift Vouchers have an expiry date of 12 months which is indicated on the voucher itself, vouchers unclaimed after this period are void. Gift Vouchers can be claimed as part payment for camper hire, no change will be issued for unused amounts. Gift Vouchers are sold on the basis that they are claimed for consecutive hire periods only.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
‘I’ ‘me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are customers. ‘This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and any other Suffolk Campers literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
“Suffolk Campers” means Suffolk Campers LTD
“Customer” means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hire Details’ on the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
“Living Equipment” includes but is not limited to CD Player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, bike rack, awning, extra table & chairs, booster seat and inner tent.
“Rental Period” means the hire period referred to under the heading “Booking Details” on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control
“Vehicle” means the vehicle described under the heading “Vehicle Details” on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Suffolk Campers.
“Security Deposit” means the Vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading “Vehicle Security Deposit” in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
“Optional Extras” means any item borrowed or lent to the hirer for reward or otherwise to use with the vehicle while on hire including but not limited to Awning, Bikes, Storage Tent, Bike Rack, Table, Chairs, Booster seat.
DELIVERY & RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
I acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Departure Checklist and with a full tank of fuel.
I will return the Vehicle in a clean condition with a full tank of fuel, on the return date and time set out under the heading “Check In” in the Rental Agreement.
I acknowledge that Suffolk Campers will not refund to me any monies, nor have the obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the Vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather, theft.
RENTAL & OTHER CHARGES
I will pay Suffolk Campers:
- All rental charges.
- The security deposit.
- The nominated cleaning fee of £50 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- The attended early return fee £100 if the Vehicle is returned prior to the arranged times set out on the hire agreement.
- The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the Insurance Policy.
- All government fees and duties etc.
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the rental period;
- Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Suffolk Campers as a result of any breach by me of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- The daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off the road for accident repairs (demurrage).
- The cost to recover the Vehicle should it become bogged.
ERROR IN RENTAL CHARGES
Total charges are set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Suffolk Campers and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Suffolk Campers.
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Suffolk Campers in connection with this Agreement is true.
VEHICLE DAMAGE & INSURANCE COVER
I am aware that:
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party.
- I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The Insurance excess is £500 – £1000 dependant on age (Section 3), subject to insurers discretion. A higher excess may be required if I have incurred convictions on my licence and or made a claim against my insurance.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
- On taking delivery of the Vehicle, I agree to pay the Security Deposit.
- I irrevocably authorise Suffolk Campers to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by me to Suffolk Campers arising out of this Agreement.
- he Security Deposit will be refunded by Bank Transfer within 7 working days of the Vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior and a full fuel tank. We reserve the right to retain up to £100 soiling fee if the motor home is not returned in a clean condition.
- All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen or concrete roads.
- I acknowledge that Suffolk Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
USE OF THE VEHICLE
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be:
- driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
- used in a manner which could cause damage.
- driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Suffolk Campers.
- driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess 5 of that permitted by law.
- left with the ignition key in the Vehicle whilst it is unoccupied.
- left unoccupied without the CD plate removed.
- driven by persons;
- under the age of 21 years; or
- who are not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle; Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading “Driver Details” in the Motor Rental Agreement.
- Damaged by:
- submersion in water.
- contact with salt water.
- used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
- to tow any vehicle or trailer without prior permission.
- used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
- used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this Agreement.
- used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or any other corrosive or inflammable material.
- otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
ALTERATIONS TO THE VEHICLE
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without prior written consent of Suffolk Campers.
Pets must remain in the vehicle with the hirer and not be left unattended at any time. Hirers are fully responsible for any damage to the vehicle during the hire period and agree to pay Suffolk Campers damages in order to repair the vehicle in such an event. Hire vehicles must be returned in a clean state as per the terms and conditions of hire, failure to do so may incur a penalty charge on return of the vehicle to Suffolk Campers.
Suffolk Campers authorised the use of this Vehicle up to the stated number of passengers.Each person to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the Vehicle is in motion. VW camper vans carry 5 persons (including the driver).
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks and tyre pressure during the rental period.Subject to the terms of this Agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the rental period PROVIDED THAT Suffolk Campers will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
I produce relevant receipts to show:
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Suffolk Campers for inspection; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty.I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol (RON95)).
RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Vehicle, I will notify Suffolk Campers within 24 hours of the event happening. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
Complete a European accident form as supplied; Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer;
Assist Suffolk Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due to me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and to at the completion of the rental period.
TERMINATING THE AGREEMENT
I acknowledge that Suffolk Campers may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
- I am in breach of any term of this Agreement.
- I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
- The Vehicle appears to be abandoned.
- The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed date or Suffolk Campers reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
- Suffolk Campers considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
RELEASE & INDEMNITY OF Suffolk Campers
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle, I release Suffolk Campers, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to;
Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose including any claim for compensation or reimbursement of hire fees to loss of use of the vehicle;Any loss or damage to any property left in the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or any Suffolk Campers premises or recovered or handled by Suffolk Campers.
Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Suffolk Campers, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Suffolk Campers, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
TITLE TO VEHICLE
I acknowledge that Suffolk Campers retains the title to the Vehicle and that I posses the goods on hire only as per the hire agreement. I do not have any right to pledge Suffolk Campers credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of United Kingdom in which these terms and conditions are agreed to either in writing and in person or online via Suffolk Campers online booking process.
This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement Suffolk Campers reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.